- INQUEST INTO THE FATAL SHOOTING OF JAMES FOX BY METROPOLITAN OFFICERS CONCLUDES
Press releases, 23 September 2016
- Brennan neglect was ‘utterly shameful’
INQUEST in the media, 21 September 2016
- CORONER CONCLUDES GROSS FAILINGS CONSTITUTING NEGLECT CONTRIBUTED TO THE DEATH OF 15 YEAR OLD CHRISTOPHER BRENNAN IN BETHLEM HOSPITAL ADOLESCENT UNIT
Press releases, 21 September 2016
- INQUEST INTO THE DEATH OF JAMES FOX FATALLY SHOT BY METROPOLITAN POLICE RESUMES TODAY
Press releases, 20 September 2016
- INQUEST challenges suitability of supported housing in care provision to young adults with serious, longstanding mental illness
Press releases, 19 September 2016
- Prisons ‘do not have enough staff to protect inmates from suicide and self-harm’
INQUEST in the media, 17 September 2016
- JURY FOUND THAT NEGLECT CONTRIBUTED TO THE DEATH OF ASHLEY GILL AT HMP LIVERPOOL
Press releases, 16 September 2016
- Sean Rigg: CPS rules out charges against police over station death
INQUEST in the media, 16 September 2016
22.09.16 Our casework team has opened 376 cases to date in 2016.
21.09.16 There have been 249 deaths in prison so far this year, including 16 women, 12 young people aged 18-24, 2 homicides and 84 self-inflicted deaths.
16.09.16 There have been 33 deaths involving the police in England & Wales so far this year, including 2 fatal shootings.
10.08.16 There have been 7 self-inflicted deaths of women in prison this year to date; more than in the whole of 2015.
20.02.16 One death in immigration detention has been reported in 2016.
‘You have clearly made yourselves a force to be reckoned with, a powerful instrument for good. In the process you have not only achieved real change in an aspect of our common life which would have commanded little attention or esteem were it not for your efforts, but you have at the same time offered enormous support to those bereaved people who long for a clear verdict on the death in custody of someone who means a great deal to them.’
– Dr Peter Selby, President of the National Council for Independent Monitoring Boards