- Exciting opportunity to join our team - we’re recruiting an Operations Director
Latest news, 23 September 2015
- Family of Connor Sparrowhawk braced for inquest into his death at NHS unit
INQUEST in the media, 2 October 2015
- Inquest into the death of 18 year old Connor Sparrowhawk begins on Monday 5 October 2015
Press releases, 1 October 2015
- Inquest into the death of Andrew Pimlott who was set alight after police deployed a Taser, begins on Monday 28 September 2015
Press releases, 25 September 2015
- Jury finds neglect contributed to death of Natasha Evans at HMP Eastwood Park
Press releases, 21 September 2015
- Deborah Coles, INQUEST Co-Director in post show discussion - This Heaven: Culture, Custody and Protest. 7.30 Monday 14 September 2015 Finborough Theatre
Latest news, 9 September 2015
- Family of Sean Rigg Welcomes Announcement on Cameras in Police Vans
Press releases, 28 July 2015
- New inquiry into deaths in police custody launched by Theresa May Home Secretary says review will look at use of restraint techniques and ‘ask difficult questions’
INQUEST in the media, 23 July 2015
01.10.15 Our casework team has opened 342 cases to date in 2015.
30.09.15 There have been 171 deaths in prison this year, including 12 young people aged 18-24; 1 child aged 16; 63 self-inflicted deaths; and 3 homicides.
27.09.15 4 women have died in prison in 2015.
22.09.15 There have been 20 deaths involving the police in England & Wales this year to date, including one fatal police shooting.
09.08.15 There have been 2 deaths in immigration custody in 2015 so far.
29.01.15 in 2014 there were 242 deaths in prison; 83 were self-inflicted, including 14 young people aged 18-24.
02.01.15 There was one death in immigration custody and two deaths of immigration detainees held in prison in 2014.
‘Although it is fair to say I was given adequate opportunity to express my views the final verdict was not the one I had hoped for. We were all devastated to think that [our brother] had died in such tragic circumstances and no one had been made accountable.’
– Family of man who died while detained under the Mental Health Act