- 65 Deaths of Imprisoned Children and Young People in Four Years - New Report Calls for Rethink in Approach
Press releases, 1 March 2015
- INQUEST launches report: Deaths in mental health detention: an investigation framework fit for purpose?
Press releases, 10 February 2015
- Leeds teenager let down by care and justice agencies
INQUEST in the media, 19 March 2015
- INQUEST INTO THE DEATH OF ELEANOR DE FREITAS CONCLUDES
Press releases, 17 March 2015
- INQUEST’s Parliamentary event 11 February: Deaths in Mental Health Detention: An investigation framework fit for purpose?
Latest news, 17 March 2015
- INQUEST launch report at Transition to Adulthood conference on 2 March
Latest news, 16 March 2015
- INQUEST INTO THE DEATH OF ELEANOR DE FREITAS RESUMES ON TUESDAY 17 MARCH 2015
Press releases, 16 March 2015
- Chelmsford prison has UK’s second worst death rate in custody for children and young people
INQUEST in the media, 7 March 2015
26.03.15 Our casework team has opened 96 cases to date in 2015.
26.03.15 So far there have been 43 deaths in prison this year, including 3 young people aged 18-24 and 1 homicide.
11.01.15 There were 26 deaths involving the police in 2014 and 2 so far this year.
29.01.15 in 2014 there were more than 210 deaths in prison; 83 were self-inflicted, including 14 young people aged 18-24.
02.01.15 There was one death in immigration custody and two deaths of immigration detainees held in prison in 2014.
02.01.15 There was one fatal police shooting in 2014.
01.01.15 11 women died in prison in 2014.
‘No other organisation has worked so closely with bereaved families throughout the investigation and inquest process. INQUEST has a unique insight into the daily difficulties families face while striving to cope in the aftermath of a death in custody. The Skills and Support Toolkit can provide you with practical advice needed to continue and maintain your day to day life at a time when even the simplest of tasks can seem insurmountable, or help you develop the skills needed to mount a campaign. ’
– Mother of a child who died in prison