- The case for independent investigation of deaths in mental health institutions
INQUEST in the media, 18 May 2015
- CS and pepper sprays used in arrest of man who died, says lawyer
INQUEST in the media, 21 May 2015
- 11 years after death of Gareth Myatt at Rainsbrook secure training centre: lessons not learned
Latest news, 20 May 2015
- Student restrained by police died from neglect, inquest finds
INQUEST in the media, 19 May 2015
- Jury returns critical narrative in the inquest of Rubel Ahmed
Press releases, 19 May 2015
- JURY RETURN NEGLECT FINDING AT INQUEST INTO RESTRAINT DEATH OF KINGSLEY BURRELL
Press releases, 15 May 2015
- Family of man who died in custody of Fife police demand robust inquiry
INQUEST in the media, 14 May 2015
- INQUEST response to death of Sheku Bayoh
Latest news, 14 May 2015
18.05.15 Our casework team has opened 143 cases to date in 2015.
18.05.15 There have been 71 deaths in prison this year, including 5 young people aged 18-24, 21 self-inflicted deaths and 3 homicides.
20.04.15 There has been one death in immigration custody in 2015 so far.
10.04.15 There were 26 deaths involving the police in 2014 and have been 5 so far this year.
29.01.15 in 2014 there were more than 210 deaths in prison; 83 were self-inflicted, including 14 young people aged 18-24.
02.01.15 There was one death in immigration custody and two deaths of immigration detainees held in prison in 2014.
02.01.15 There was one fatal police shooting in 2014.
01.01.15 11 women died in prison in 2014.
‘I found your site and then sent for your handbook. It is BRILLIANT packed with everything I needed help and advice about. Now a part of my resource kit which I use to help clients with. I also gave a client your number and she in turn got her own book and has found it invaluable. So, I just wanted to say thank you and please continue your great work.’
– Bereavement volunteer, Plymouth