- Health trust criticised over death of Helen Millard at Westlands
INQUEST in the media, 27 September 2016
- REPEATED FAILURES FOUND BY THE JURY AT THE CONCLUSION INTO THE DEATH OF HELEN MILLARD AT THE WESTLANDS MENTAL HEALTH UNIT
Press releases, 26 September 2016
- INQUEST INTO THE FATAL SHOOTING OF JAMES FOX BY METROPOLITAN OFFICERS CONCLUDES
Press releases, 23 September 2016
- Brennan neglect was ‘utterly shameful’
INQUEST in the media, 21 September 2016
- CORONER CONCLUDES GROSS FAILINGS CONSTITUTING NEGLECT CONTRIBUTED TO THE DEATH OF 15 YEAR OLD CHRISTOPHER BRENNAN IN BETHLEM HOSPITAL ADOLESCENT UNIT
Press releases, 21 September 2016
- INQUEST INTO THE DEATH OF JAMES FOX FATALLY SHOT BY METROPOLITAN POLICE RESUMES TODAY
Press releases, 20 September 2016
- INQUEST challenges suitability of supported housing in care provision to young adults with serious, longstanding mental illness
Press releases, 19 September 2016
- Prisons ‘do not have enough staff to protect inmates from suicide and self-harm’
INQUEST in the media, 17 September 2016
22.09.16 Our casework team has opened 376 cases to date in 2016.
21.09.16 There have been 249 deaths in prison so far this year, including 16 women, 12 young people aged 18-24, 2 homicides and 84 self-inflicted deaths.
16.09.16 There have been 33 deaths involving the police in England & Wales so far this year, including 2 fatal shootings.
10.08.16 There have been 7 self-inflicted deaths of women in prison this year to date; more than in the whole of 2015.
20.02.16 One death in immigration detention has been reported in 2016.
‘l can not thank you all enough for the help and support you have given us over our terrible loss. If it wasn’t for INQUEST, we would not have been able to deal with the faults of the prison system, and try and make some changes. Once again thank you all and thank you for being there if ever l needed to speak to someone.’
– Mother of a young man who died in prison