- Former Metropolitan police armed officer Anthony Long found not guilty by a majority verdict of the murder of Azelle Rodney.
Press releases, 3 July 2015
- More than 100 young prisoners have taken their own lives in past eight years, says review
INQUEST in the media, 2 July 2015
- The deaths of 18-24 year olds in prison custody since 2000
Latest news, 1 July 2015
- Watershed moment - INQUEST welcomes call for “radical change” in report on deaths of young people in prison
Press releases, 30 June 2015
- Stolen lives, missed opportunities: deaths of young people in prison
INQUEST in the media, 30 June 2015
- Prison, a treacherous place for a child
INQUEST in the media, 22 June 2015
- Sheku Bayoh: Expert on deaths in custody vows to help tragic dad-of-two’s family to discover truth about his death
INQUEST in the media, 21 June 2015
- Gross Misconduct not proven against officers relating to the fatal restraint of Habib Ullah
Press releases, 16 June 2015
2.07.15 Our casework team has opened 202 cases to date in 2015.
30.06.15 There have been 102 deaths in prison this year, including 9 young people aged 18-24; 39 self-inflicted deaths; and 3 homicides.
29.06.15 There have been 10 deaths involving the police this year to date.
20.04.15 There has been one death in immigration custody in 2015 so far.
29.01.15 in 2014 there were 242 deaths in prison; 83 were self-inflicted, including 14 young people aged 18-24.
02.01.15 There was one death in immigration custody and two deaths of immigration detainees held in prison in 2014.
02.01.15 There was one fatal police shooting in 2014.
01.01.15 14 women died in prison in 2014.