- » Training
INQUEST is the leading provider of training on issues related to inquests and working with bereaved people in England and Wales. We provide training in-house to organisations, plus a range of open training sessions. We also run specialist professional seminars for lawyers in partnership with members of the INQUEST Lawyers Group.
Clients include: third sector organisations, coroners officers, coroners, government departments, NHS organisations, regulation and inspection bodies and community groups. For more details please contact us on 020 7263 1111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why go on an INQUEST training course?
• Improved outcomes for staff and service users. Understanding the impact of an inquest provides a practical planning and decision-making framework that can lead to more effective and better quality public services.
• Empowering communities – families and communities who understand what their rights are can use this knowledge to strengthen their voice and influence with policy makers and decision makers to engage with the prevent further deaths
• Knowledge about procedure at an inquest can be used to challenge poor treatment, reduce inequalities, empower individuals and inspire, engage and enthuse staff
• The importance of training for service providers is well recognised by government, and there is an increasing focus on family/service user experience from public service inspectorates and regulators
Why receive training from INQUEST?
• Our experience in training in this area is unparalleled; by booking training with INQUEST you can be confident the training you receive is well-respected, tested and is being continually refined and updated.
• Our training is flexible and relevant - our courses are highly adaptable and we always make sure that the content of our training reflects the issues faced by the participants.
• Our training style is interactive and participative - each session is made up of a combination of discussion, presentation, group and individual exercises and case studies. We work hard to create a supportive and inclusive environment, and very much encourage debate and discussion.
• Our training is practical - we focus on how learning can be integrated into practice to make work more effective.
• Our training is accessible - our trainers are experienced in providing training to a diverse range of groups and we have particular expertise in translating complex ideas into simple, easy to understand language.
• Our trainers come from a panel with extensive professional experience and/or personal experience of the inquest system
• We also work beyond training, providing a range of consultancy services to support organisations to embed learning and good practice across their work.
‘We thought that we were going insane, couldn’t understand what was happening to us, what had happened to my son. INQUEST has supported, enabled, educated and empowered and restored our faith in justice. We were given back our voice. ’
– Mother of a child who died in Young Offender Institution