- Custody death inquest: ‘Staffordshire Police treated my son worse than a dog’
INQUEST in the media, 2 December 2016
- Jury finds catalogue of police failings over death of Darren Lyons following custody
Press releases, 2 December 2016
- Every £1 you donate to INQUEST via The Big Give will be DOUBLED!
Press releases, 29 November 2016
- High Court grants family’s legal challenge on prison deaths at HMP Woodhill - prison with highest number of self-inflicted deaths
Press releases, 28 November 2016
- Police officer who shot Jermaine Baker may face charges after watchdog probe
INQUEST in the media, 28 November 2016
- Latest INQUEST e-newsletter published
Latest news, 25 November 2016
- Relatives of Woodhill prisoners who died begin legal challenge
INQUEST in the media, 25 November 2016
- Jury unanimously found that staff at HMP Ranby had failed to take adequate steps to monitor and protect Ainslie Rush
Press releases, 23 November 2016
01.12.16 Our casework team has opened 485 cases to date in 2016.
20.02.16 One death in immigration detention has been reported in 2016.
‘No other organisation has worked so closely with bereaved families throughout the investigation and inquest process. INQUEST has a unique insight into the daily difficulties families face while striving to cope in the aftermath of a death in custody. The Skills and Support Toolkit can provide you with practical advice needed to continue and maintain your day to day life at a time when even the simplest of tasks can seem insurmountable, or help you develop the skills needed to mount a campaign. ’
– Mother of a child who died in prison