You can bring a complaint within 12 months of your loved one’s death. This needs to be done in writing to the Chief Executive of the Trust. You can find out the details of the Chief Executive from the trust’s own website.

To do this, set out the issues you want to complain about in one or two pages. The Trust will then be obliged to investigate your complaint and tell you about their findings.

It would be helpful to copy the Coroner into the complaint so that he or she is also aware of the issues you have raised with the trust.